A Christmas Special 2023
If you can read this message, then you know you are on the correct webpage to watch ‘A Christmas Special’ 2023 which will take place on Sunday 17th December at 2:30pm!
INSTRUCTIONS TO WATCH
Read these BEFORE the livestream
ON THE DAY…
- Have this webpage open from 2pm on Sunday 17th December on your smart internet-enabled TV.
- At 2pm, you will need to refresh your browser or device.
- Make sure you are watching in full high-definition for an optimum viewing experience! To do this, look towards the bottom right of the screen, click where it shows ‘480p’ and choose 1080p to choose the best high-definition viewing!
IF YOU ARE ‘CASTING’ OR ‘AIRPLAY”ing TO A LARGE SCREEN TV FROM A SMART PHONE…
If you have visited this page from a smartphone and have a Smart TV in your care home, you can ‘cast’ or ‘Airplay’ the signal to the TV to watch it on a large screen.
Just click the Cast symbol which is usually located in the top corner of your mobile screen or the Airplay symbol which is usually located towards the bottom right.
Or visit this page which has a handy how to guide for ‘casting’.
IN CASE YOU LOSE YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION DURING THE SHOW…
Keep the link that we have sent you handy and then just either refresh your browser/device or copy and paste the link into the browser address bar once your Internet is back up and running.
WATCH LIVE BELOW
USE OUR INTERACTIVE CHAT BOX!
Use our Chat Box which is situated to the right-hand side of the screen.
Just click ‘Set a Username’ and then ‘Join Room’ – then you can post a comment or reply to other care homes!
Leave a comment about the show, let us know where in the country your care home is based, what your favourite Christmas song is or even make a request for a mention! (We will do our best to respond to as many shoutout requests on the day as we are able to).
HAVING TECH ISSUES?
...Read our troubleshooting help guide below
If you have any tech issues, please refresh your browser/device – this will solve most issues.
If you still cannot see or hear the show (or both) onscreen, try the following:
- Refresh your browser.
- If tuning in on laptop/PC and sending to a TV, restart your computer and internet router.
- Use a different web browser. (Google Chrome is usually best; Firefox and Safari are good too. Edge or Internet Explorer both work but are sometimes less reliable.)
- Clear your web browser’s “browsing data”, including history, cookies and cache.
- Make sure any browser you use is fully updated.
- If you are using Wi-Fi, try plugging your computer into your internet router using an ethernet cable if you have one.
- If you are not sure how strong your internet signal is, you can run a Speed Test by visiting THIS LINK.
The approximate download speed you need to watch our show is between 5 – 6 Mbps
If you show speeds in excess of this, you may need to be aware of other devices or people in your home using the same Internet.
- If you can’t hear anything (we will be playing background music from 2pm) make sure the speakers on your SmartTV or external speakers are turned on and turned up and the volume is also up on the onscreen video (there is a volume slider which is at the corner, bottom left of the video screen on the webpage).